Pet Hazards

Ibuprofen is particularly toxic to dogs and cats. Do not give ibuprofen to your dog or cat under any circumstances. If your dog or cat accidentally ingests ibuprofen, contact us immediately.

Sugar substitutes are potentially toxic to your dog. Xylitol is a common sugar substitute, particularly in sugarless gum. While xylitol has many wonderful properties in humans, it can be lethal in your dog. If your dog ingests any products containing xylitol, contact us immediately. As little as one stick of gum could harm a small dog.

Did you know that lillies and tylenol are extremely toxic to cats? If you think your cat has been ingested lillies or tylenol, call us immediately.

Do you have rat poison or bar bait on or near your property? If you think that your dog or cat has ingested rat poison, don’t wait for symptoms to occur, contact us immediately. A dog or cat is also at risk if they ingest a rodent that has consumed poison. Most of the time, external bleeding is not obvious when an animal has been poisoned. Pets that have been poisoned with rodenticide most often appear weak or cold. Sometimes bloody urine or nose bleeds may be apparent. Rodenticide poisoning can be deadly. However, treatment is often successful if started in a timely manner.

For your pet’s well-being, never use any medication on your pet without checking with your veterinarian.